Community grants now available to help transform lives in North Northamptonshire
Voluntary and community groups are being encouraged to apply for small grants to help improve the lives of local residents before Monday 2nd October 2023.
The grants of up to £5,000 are being made available by North Northamptonshire Council. The scheme is open to community and voluntary sector organisations, Parish councils, charities, clubs and not-for-profit organisations. School PTAs, Friends of groups and health charities can also apply. The council is encouraging applications which can demonstrate that funding will be used to support one or more priorities, including:
- The project should generally be in line with the councils stated aims, objectives and policies.
- Support volunteering, community involvement, neighbourhood and community led activities.
- Enable voluntary youth action and the development of services for young people including equipment
- Prevent homelessness, improve social mobility and tackle inequality; and promote social inclusion and community resilience.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of all people in North Northamptonshire and reduce health inequalities by enabling people to help themselves.
- The protection and enhancement of the environment.
- Community based projects such as community events, fayres and carnivals.
- Environmental improvements.
Other grants available from the council include the Member Empowerment Fund, where each NNC Councillor is allocated yearly funding for small-community based projects up to £2,000.
Money can be awarded to parish or town councils, community groups, voluntary organisations and charities working in North Northamptonshire. This allows members to be innovative in formulating proposals for the benefit of residents in their wards. Applications must be made by a ward member.